The principal objectives of the IEL are:
- To study the event of Lujan from all possible points of view, acting in an interdisciplinary way.
- To spread the event of Lujan throughout the world through courses, articles, conferences, concerts, theatrical works, books, expositions of paintings, using the most modern means of communication.
- To publish the most important works about Lujan, including unknown works.
- To promote the artistic and cultural expressions of the event of Lujan.
- To continue with the studies concerning the origin, the sanctuary, the town, the image, the miracles, and the homage of the Immaculate and Pure Conception of Lujan.
- To continue the studies concerning the persons of the history of Our Lady of Lujan, so that they may be known and esteemed throughout the world.
- In a special way, to spread the devotion to these mentioned historical persons whose processes of beatification have been formally begun by the authorities of the Church, that is to say, Negro Manuel and Fr. Jorge Maria Salvaire. Their lives will be publicized and their devotion will be promoted by holy cards, prayers, etc.
- To spread and promote the virtues and human values that are manifested in the event of Lujan.
- To delve into the model of perfect inculturation of the Virgin of Lujan in the Argentinian culture and those of different countries where she is present.
- To promote her devotion liturgically, for example, promoting her office and embellish it with melodies, in order that the entire liturgy of Our Lady of Lujan may be sung.
- To promote the presence of our Lady of Lujan throughout the world, whether it be through her images, medals, holy cards, etc., as well as through liturgical Mass sets, chasubles, the making of the Virgen’s dress, etc.